Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Best Face Wash I've Found for Cleansing Skin and Removing Makeup in One Step

I've tried quite a few face washes over the past year or so, which I've like to varying degrees. I have combination skin. I tend to get oily in the usual places (my T-zone, plus the middle of my cheeks) and dry around my mouth area, especially in the winter. I wouldn't call my skin overly sensitive, but I do tend to break out if a product doesn't agree with me, and I do have a bit of rosacea. I do like a cleanser that makes my skin feel clean but not taut and dry. I also like to wash my face and remove my makeup in one step, rather than having to use a separate makeup remover. And price matters to me as well.

Here are some of the ones I've tried recently:



I'd heard that Cetaphil was very gentle, so I gave it a shot. Surprisingly, I did not particularly like it. It left my skin rather taut, plus it seemed to exacerbate my rosacea. And it did not remove much of my eye makeup at all.

Next, I tried Garner Clean + Makeup Removing Lotion Cleanser. I didn't like this one at ALL. It felt waxy in my hands, waxy on my face, and did not do a good job of removing my eye makeup.

I got a free sample of Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser. I do like this one, and will continue to use the free samples that often come in their Gift with Purchase bags. It feels luxurious to the touch, and I like how it makes my skin feel - soft. It doesn't do a perfect job of removing eye makeup, but pretty close. It is, however, pretty expensive, so I kept looking for one I could buy at the drugstore.

I finally found a drugstore cleanser I really like. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser is reasonably priced and does the job. This one leaves my skin soft and doesn't aggravate it. It's still not perfect at removing every bit of eye makeup, but it's the closest I've found. I did try another cleanser in this line and didn't like it as well. This will be my go-to cleanser from now on.

What's your favorite face wash?



2 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, I was given Bio elements Sensitive Skin Cleanser I loved i,t finally I had found the perfect cleanser, then when going to purchase one I was shocked at the price. I am now checking and re checking for specials. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Ruth! Good luck, I hope you find your perfect cleanser!

      Delete