Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"But I'm Not Dead Yet!"

"But I'm not dead yet!" This is one of my favorite scenes from Monty Python's "The Holy Grail." Well, I've mangled the quote a bit; actually, an old man presumed dead from the plague insists, "I'm not dead" when the dead collector comes to collect his body. They get into an argument, which ends with a whack on the head. The dead collector wins. Well, what on earth does this rather morbid bit of humor have to do with "beauty over forty," my blog's raison d'ĂȘtre? Simple: I'm over forty, but I'm not dead yet.

I'm not even close to dead, actually. If all goes well, and I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm barely halfway. But judging from what you see in the media, I may as well be dead, or nearly. I don't need to give you examples, dear readers, you know what I mean about that.

So why join the already crowded beauty blogosphere? Because most beauty blogs are aimed at women with unlined skin and taut eyelids. I'm not one of those women anymore. And I'm never going to be Scarlet Johanssen. I'm never even going to be Jennifer Aniston, who is actually a few years older than me. I don't claim to be a beauty or to have all the answers. I'm never going to be anyone more beautiful than me - but I still want to look and feel my very best. I love to share what I've learned about beauty. If I can help one woman become her own best version, then I've accomplished my goal here.

This space will contain my thoughts about beauty, and perhaps go a bit further than skin-deep. I'm going to talk about my silver hair, and why decided to go natural, and how I take care of it to help it look its best. I'll talk skin, beauty products, and makeup. I'll talk about color and "the seasons." I may share a few favorite healthy recipes. Plus, anything else that moves me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment